- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Child Development, Child Development and Family Studies, Early Childhood, Early Childhood Development, Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education or Elementary Education
- Minimum of one year experience working directly with young children
- Current WV STARS Trainer Certificate prior to teaching
- WV Mandated Reporter Training: Making a Difference certificate prior to teaching
- Foundations of Adult Learning Theory prior to teaching
For more details regarding the qualifications please refer to the Academy Application and Academy Requirements which can be found by clicking the Instructor Academy tab. The ACDS program welcomes new instructors across the state and recognizes the important role they play in the success of the ACDS program.