Certified ACDS instructors must complete an instructor application (Form 1), be approved by the ACDS State Executive Committee, and successfully complete an instructor’s training academy. During the academy, instructors receive a copy of the ACDS curriculum* and many supportive ideas and teaching techniques for adult learning to apply in the ACDS classes. Instructors must also attend an update every two years to maintain instructor certification. Qualifications to become an ACDS certified instructor include:
- Minimum BA degree in Early Childhood or related field with emphasis in early childhood education.
- Knowledge of and experience in:
- Physical Development
- Cognitive Development
- Literacy and Language Development
- Social and Emotional Development
- Direct teaching of adult learners
- Direct support to early childhood staff
- One year minimum experience working directly with young children.
- Be a registered WV STARS trainer on the WV STARS system or provide documentation to indicate that you have begun the registration process prior to attending the academy.
For more information on how to become an ACDS instructor you may refer to the instructor tabs to the left or contact the ACDS office 304-523-0433.
*ACDS Curriculum is copyrighted